Audio By Carbonatix
The government through the Ministry of Education is preparing to replace textbooks with laptops in Senior High Schools across the country.
The Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, who announced this, said textbooks and other teaching and learning materials would be installed on the laptops to be used during lessons.
Speaking at the 60th Anniversary celebration of the Hohoe Evangelical Presbyterian Senior High School, Dr. Bawumia said the initiative which would be implemented before the end of 2023.
He noted that it is aimed at preparing the students to fit into the global village.
“If this country must move forward in the right direction, we must invest in education which is the only platform for preparing nation builders for tomorrow.
"The Minister for Education has also assured me that this year, we’ll start the replacement textbooks with laptops that have textbooks embedded in Senior high Schools,” he said on Saturday.
This new initiative comes after the government launched the One-teacher One-laptop project on Friday, September 3, 2021.
The programme was meant to give Senior High School teachers modern materials to facilitate teaching and learning and as of December 11, 2021, Ghana Education Service reported that 80% of laptops meant for teachers had been distributed.
Latest Stories
-
Newborn baby found dumped in drain at Obuasi Old Estate
45 seconds -
Tunisia coast guard recovers eight bodies of migrants whose boat sank
2 minutes -
One man diagnosed with prostate cancer in the UK ‘every eight minutes’
4 minutes -
After losing 2012 election, we couldn’t even afford prepaid credit – Obuobia Darko
9 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Kpando SHS brush aside Abor, Jukwa to storm One-Eighth stage with 32 point gap
2 hours -
Duncan Amoah: Gov’t should create conditions for 24-hour economy, not build markets
2 hours -
JoyNews-Republic Bank Habitat Fair finale turns homeownership dreams into real possibilities
2 hours -
Bamiri chief commissions KG block, guest house to boost education and revenue
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
3 hours -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
3 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
5 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
6 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
6 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
6 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
7 hours