The Vice President and Presidential Candidate of the NPP, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, has once again taunted the opposition NDC, questioning why they are so eager to become the majority side in Parliament through unorthodox means with just six weeks left until the elections.
Last week, the Speaker of Parliament declared the seats of four Members of Parliament vacant after they filed to contest December's election on another party's ticket. However, the Supreme Court stayed the Speaker's decision, directing Parliament to continue recognizing the four MPs until the Court interprets the contentious article the Speaker is attempting to enforce.
Despite the Supreme Court's directive, the NDC Minority Caucus has been insisting in the media that they are the new majority in Parliament.

After telling the NDC over the weekend that they cannot fabricate a majority status in Parliament, Vice President Bawumia once again ridiculed the NDC, saying they are desperate to experience a majority status for just six weeks because they know they cannot win the December election.
"The NDC knows that they are losing this election. They know we are winning, so they are panicking," Dr. Bawumia told a large crowd in Ho last night.
"Just think about it: we have six weeks until the election, and their only concern is that they want to be the majority for six weeks after being the minority for eight years. Why? What is the rush? It’s because they know they have lost the election. They want to taste the majority position for just six weeks," Dr. Bawumia said.
He reiterated his belief that the NPP will win a decisive parliamentary majority in December, "because of the work we have done."
"For us, we know that we are going to stay focused. We are the majority, and we will be the majority party on December 7," he said.
"We will be the majority party—make no mistake about it. The NPP will win a decisive majority on December 7. And why are we going to win a decisive majority? It is because of the work we have done. We are gaining support across every constituency because of the work we have done."
Latest Stories
-
Implementation of 10% tariff on Ghanaian products to the U.S, Minority urges gov’t to show working
1 minute -
The Complicity of Ghanaians in Visa Scams: A call for reflection
17 minutes -
GPL 2024/25: Razak Simpson belter downs Hearts of Oak in Tuba
20 minutes -
Civil Aviation Authority’s D-G dismissed, Stephen Wilfred Arthur takes over as acting head
24 minutes -
Speaker approves NIB’s request to meet 2 MPs, Mustapha Yussif and A Plus, to aid investigations
30 minutes -
Ghana’s $25bn agreement must deliver real benefits to vulnerable communities – CCCFS
34 minutes -
Police arrest 2 for transporting suspected stolen ECG cables in Central Region
39 minutes -
Ghana needs a Ministry of Common Sense – A Plus
41 minutes -
Don’t listen to NPP’s noise – A Plus on alleged drug trafficking flight claims
41 minutes -
‘Missing’ ECG containers may have been auctioned by GRA – Former ECG boss
47 minutes -
KATH renal unit undergoes transformation, dialysis machines increase from two to 20
1 hour -
“It’s strange”- Former GPHA D-G questions alleged auctioning of ECG containers by GRA
1 hour -
‘We’re committed to bridging digital literacy skills gap’- ALX Country Manager
2 hours -
I don’t want any appointment, I’m only focused on my constituency – A Plus
2 hours -
ECG’s ‘missing’ containers can be found – Former GPHA D-G
2 hours