Barcelona defender Gerard Pique has vented his frustration with La Liga's officials on Twitter after Real Madrid were awarded a controversial penalty on Sunday night.
Real recovered from two goals down to beat Villarreal 3-2 thanks in part to Cristiano Ronaldo's equaliser from the spot after Bruno Soriano was penalised for handball.
Pique believes Real have benefited from an eight-point swing over their El Clasico rivals, posting images of reports from Spanish media to highlight his point.
"Against the same teams. 8 points. Those clips are from the Madrid press, if you doubted," Pique posted on Twitter shortly after Real's win.
As well as the penalty award on Sunday, the reports in Pique's tweet refer to a disallowed Barcelona goal against Malaga, a Sergio Ramos strike which was given - also against Malaga - and a handball by Villarreal against Barcelona which the referee failed to spot.
Contra los mismos equipos. 8 puntos. 8 y tal. Los recortes son de prensa de Madrid por la duda. pic.twitter.com/nZUDgrjuVd
— Gerard Piqué (@3gerardpique) February 26, 2017
In response, Ramos said he was not surprised by the reaction from his Spanish compatriot.
"It would've surprised me if Messi had put it," Ramos told reporters after Sunday's match. "We all know how Pique is."
Pique was the subject of two complaints from the Spanish referees' committee earlier in the season following incidents against Athletic Bilbao in the Copa del Rey and Villarreal in La Liga.
Latest Stories
-
92.3% of businesses in Ghana remain informal – GSS
3 minutes -
“We are not oppressed in our homes” – Hajia Zaliatu Kasim dispels misconception about Muslim women
13 minutes -
ASEPA petitions President Mahama for removal of Auditor General from office
26 minutes -
Idris Elba meets with management and staff of UniMAC’s Institute of Film and Television
52 minutes -
It was a very physical game – Ogum on Berekum Chelsea clash
1 hour -
We have failed to implement adequate measures to effectively tackle galamsey— Daryl Bosu
1 hour -
IMF commences 4th review of Ghana’s bailout programme
2 hours -
Ghana remains important to us ‘no matter what’ – U.S ambassador
2 hours -
Accra floods: Mahama alarmed as GARID projects delay
2 hours -
Teddy Osei of Osibisa fame to be honored with state funeral on April 4
2 hours -
We will begin geotagging and geofencing of excavators from ports – Armah Buah
2 hours -
Kuami Eugene to donate revenue from his rendition of ‘Awoo Mawugné’ to Omar B’s family
3 hours -
IMCC convenes decentralisation sector working group meeting
3 hours -
TGMA Errors and Omissions: Kuami Eugene added as songwriter of Okyeame Kwame’s ‘No Competition’
3 hours -
Regard illegal miners as ‘dangerous terrorists’ – Kofi Buah
3 hours