The Managing Editor of the Statesman newspaper, Gabby Asare Otchere Darko has apologised to the NDC MP for Ningo Prampram, E.T. Mensah for any inconvenience caused him following his (Gabby’s) mentioning of his name in relation to an alleged plot to kill Haruna Iddrisu.
Haruna, the NDC MP for Tamale South, has been in the centre of publications by two newspapers, the Gye Nyame Concord and the Ghanaian Observer claiming some NDC members, including two MPs had been involved in a meeting to plan his assassination.
The newspapers failed to name those involved in the meeting, except to give some general description of some of the participants.
Otchere Darko, however mentioned the names of E.T. Mensah and Doe Adjaho last Friday on Adom FM as the NDC MP’s thought to have participated in the diabolical meeting. But he quickly discounted the suggestions that the two MP’s, whom he described as honourable men incapable of the alleged plot, could be part of plans to kill Haruna, if indeed the plot was true.
E.T. Mensah has threatened to sue Gabby to force a disclosure from him the source that pointed him out as a participant of that diabolical meeting.
But Gabby told Adom FM on Thursday that he did not mean harm when he mentioned those names and at worst, could have been said to have helped cleared the two gentlemen from the allegations rather be sued for defamation.
Gabby who admitted he was not privy to E.T. Mensah’s cause of action, said he did not believe though that anyone could force him to disclose an information source.
Meanwhile the two leading members of the NDC have sued Gabby and Adom FM for libel.
Messrs E.T. Mensah, who is Minority Chief whip and Adjaho, Deputy Minority Leader and MP for Ave-Avenor are seeking one billion cedis in damages.
The two are accusing the statesman editor, Asare Otchere-Darko of linking them to the alleged plot and Adom FM for airing what they say are libelous and disparaging statements about them in connection with the alleged murder plot. They filed the writ at an Accra Fast Track High court on Wednesday.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
Latest Stories
-
More money, less taxes, and smarter spending: Finance Minister breaks down new economic reforms
13 minutes -
Black Sherif unleashes highly anticipated sophomore album ‘Iron Boy’
20 minutes -
Kwame Agbodza criticises late award of 80km Sampa-Jinijini road contract
22 minutes -
Asiedu Nketiah struggles to gain ground in NDC’s 2028 presidential race – Global InfoAnalytics
23 minutes -
I am excited about Pencils of Promise’s intervention projects – Ja Rule
41 minutes -
Mahama’s job approval hits 66%; signalling strong confidence in him – Global InfoAnalytics survey
45 minutes -
Presidency and Military ranked least perceived corrupt institutions in Ghana now – Global InfoAnalytics
51 minutes -
Police, Immigration, Judiciary ranked top 3 most corrupt institutions in Ghana – Global InfoAnalytics survey
59 minutes -
Bawumia leads NPP race with 48% of Ghanaians approval rate – Global InfoAnalytics
1 hour -
68% of voters say Akufo-Addo caused NPP defeat – Global Info Analytics
1 hour -
57% of NPP supporters prefer Bawumia to run for 2028 – Global InfoAnalytics
2 hours -
Nigerian pastor acquitted of rape after eight years in South African jail
2 hours -
Alcohol makes male fruit flies more attractive
2 hours -
UK to keep pushing for deal after Trump imposes 10% tariff
2 hours -
World leaders call Trump tariffs ‘wrong’ and ‘unjustified’
3 hours