Businessman Ernest Kobeah has truncated his bid to become the flagbearer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
This was made known on Wednesday, March 29, 2023, at the party's headquarters in Accra.
In an interview on JoyNews earlier this month, Mr Kobeah explained that he entered the race to create opportunity as well as set an example for the youth not to be intimidated.
He was at the NDC Headquarters yesterday for his vetting.
After submitting his documents among other requirements for the process, Ernest Kobeah was asked to return today for the final lap.
However, on his return today, the aspirant has withdrawn from the race.
Speaking to the press after a close door meeting with the vetting committee, Mr Kobeah explained that his decision to pull out of the race was borne out of his intention to throw his weight behind contender John Mahama.
This decision, he said was well thought of - adding that he had the blessings of his family.
"You have a right to make your decision, so I made a decision by myself to support the old boy [John Mahama] and that is the best decision for the party and myself.
"All my brothers, family, and supporters are happy that I took that decision," he said
Meanwhile, Mr Mahama went through his vetting process on Monday, March 27.
After his session, John Mahama indicated that the country’s financial stability is at the heart of his campaign to lead the NDC.
According to him, government has demonstrated that it is incapable of running affairs for which reason he is launching another bid to become the NDC candidate in the 2024 election.
Latest Stories
-
Budget support instruments must align with Ghana’s climate goals – IMANI
6 minutes -
Democratic control and oversight of intelligence in african states: Responsibilities of organs of the state, CSOs
9 minutes -
Ghana move one place up in latest FIFA ranking
13 minutes -
Gov’t owes Zoomlion a whooping GH₵1.2bn for unpaid waste management services – Minister reveals
16 minutes -
Cedi starts April 2025 on stable note; one dollar going for GH¢15.95
40 minutes -
Today’s Front pages : Thursday, April 3, 2025
48 minutes -
Soldier to ride from Accra to Kumasi to promote cyclists safety
54 minutes -
Jerry Yao Ameko secures 100% endorsement as Adaklu DCE
54 minutes -
Ghana remains “mostly unfree” in economic freedom: ACEYE’s IGIPTEP report offers solutions
54 minutes -
‘No suspended projects in Ghana’ – World Bank clarifies
54 minutes -
BoG policy rate hike of 28%, here is MPC Decision Statements
1 hour -
Trump’s tariffs are a longtime goal fulfilled – and his biggest gamble yet
2 hours -
Trump announces new tarrifs, Ghana hit by 10% import tax
2 hours -
Latif Iddrisu vrs IGP trial : Trial to continue today 8 years after life-threatening assault on the journalist
2 hours -
More money, less taxes, and smarter spending: Finance Minister breaks down new economic reforms
3 hours