Audio By Carbonatix
Rapper Cardi B will not face charges related to throwing her microphone into the crowd at a concert in Las Vegas last weekend, according to police.
“After a thorough review of this case and with the consultation from the Clark County District Attorney’s Office, this case has been closed as having insufficient evidence. No charges will be filed in relation to this case,” Las Vegas Metropolitan Police told CNN in a statement on Thursday.
“On behalf of Cardi, we appreciate the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Dept’s diligent and prompt resolution of this matter,” Drew Findling, David Chesnoff and Richard Schonfeld, the attorneys representing Cardi B, said in a statement Thursday afternoon.
On Monday, a concertgoer filed a report with the LVMPD after being “struck by an item that was thrown from the stage,” police told CNN earlier this week.
Authorities did not name Cardi B in their statement, but the address on the incident report matched the location where she was performing when the concertgoer was allegedly struck.
— v (@ViralMaterialz) July 30, 2023
It was previously reported that Cardi B was performing at Drai’s Beach Club in Las Vegas last weekend when an audience member threw a drink toward the stage, as seen in video footage posted to social media.
In the clip, the rapper is seen getting splashed with liquid from the cup while performing her 2018 hit “Bodak Yellow.”
Cardi B quickly reacted by throwing her microphone into the audience as security guards rushed to the stage and into the crowd.
In another video shared to social media from the concert, Cardi B and her DJ are seen asking the crowd to “splash” her with water due to the heat. It’s unclear if this occurred before or after the incident with the microphone.
Latest Stories
-
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
9 minutes -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
11 minutes -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
19 minutes -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
20 minutes -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
31 minutes -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
33 minutes -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
45 minutes -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
53 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
55 minutes -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
55 minutes -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
56 minutes -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
60 minutes -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
1 hour -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
1 hour -
Ghana Card is a critical national asset – Interior Minister
1 hour