The Bawku Municipal Security Council (BMUSEC) together with the Director of Operations of the Police Service, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Mr John Kudialor, on Wednesday reviewed the curfew of Bawku from 1600 hours to 0600 hours.
The decision was taken to allow school children to go to school and to ease transportation of food stuff.
The outgoing Upper East Regional Police Commander Alhaji Hamidu Mahama told the media that out of the 14 suspected people alleged to have been involved in the recent renewed violence that occurred last week Friday, five of them had been identified to be the real suspects and would be prosecuted.
He said the cellular phone of one Mr. Felix Asibi, a Staff of the Commission of Human Rights Administrative of Justice (CHRAJ) who was killed in his own house during the violence, was found with one person.
The phone had a picture of the deceased and his girl friend embossed on it and so the person had been arrested and investigation was ongoing to arrest more suspects.
Mr Kudialor assured the policemen that government was determined to improve upon their service conditions.
He said the issue of accommodation, lack of logistics and increase of food ration as the major concerns raised by the police in Bawku would be addressed.
Mr Kudialor said he was confident in the Inter-Ethnic Committee formed as part of measures to search for peace in Bawku and appealed to them to abide by the terms of reference of the Committee.
Source: GNA
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
Latest Stories
-
Today’s Front pages: Friday, April 4, 2025
38 minutes -
Eleven arrested for illegal mining in Akyem Fichser, tree plantations affected
1 hour -
NPP’s military withdrawal from galamsey fight is a cardinal sin against humanity – Omane Boamah
1 hour -
Galamsey: EPA boss condemns misrepresentation of her views on political involvement
1 hour -
Government plans to scrap COVID-19 levy in budget – Ablakwa
1 hour -
Government mulls excavator import restrictions in crackdown on galamsey – Lands Minister
2 hours -
GRIDCo restores power after national system disturbance
2 hours -
State Institutions to prioritise local procurement under new government directive – Ato Forson
2 hours -
Easter Beats in France: Keche, Arkay-S, Adani Best, others to light up Paris’s New Morning on April 19
2 hours -
Suspicious flights: Ntim Fordjour repent; your lies won’t stand – Defence Minister
2 hours -
Naomi Wolali Kwetey appointed Ag MD of CBG
3 hours -
‘Watching football hurts’ – Williams seeking return
5 hours -
Injured Arsenal defender Gabriel out for season
5 hours -
Trump tariffs provoke world condemnation and fears of a $2,300 iPhone
5 hours -
Ex-Shell boss tasked with cleaning up Nigeria’s oil sector
6 hours