The Ghana Football Association (GFA) has officially signed a GHC 2.1 million sponsorship deal for three years with a local bank, GN Bank as the headline sponsor for the second-tier Division One League.
The lower league has over the past two years been without a major sponsor after Poly Tank period ended.
The unveiling of the lucrative new deal for the lower league was done on Wednesday.
The wholly-owned Ghanaian bank becomes the second financial institution to bankroll a league in the country with First Capital Plus Bank sponsoring the Ghana Premier League.
This year’s Division one League will have three Zones made up of 16 clubs each with the three winners of each zone qualifying automatically into the Ghana Premier League.
GN Bank, formally First National Savings & Loans, is one of the fastest growing banks in the country.
They offer a wide-range of innovative financial products including employee loans, checking and savings accounts, consumer and residential loan products.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- #JoyFPL: How to prepare for the upcoming blank gameweeks
- Europa League draw: Arsenal face Rennes and Chelsea play Dynamo Kiev
- Chelsea 'categorically refute' FIFA findings, confirms intention to appeal ban
- Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows
- Christian Atsu: ‘Sometimes what’s happened to me seems like a miracle’
- Arsenal, Chelsea march into Europa League last 16
- Ghana's Ambassador designate to Belgium donates to Accra Lawn Tennis Club
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race for knockout stage heats up
- Lassana Diarra's PSG contract terminated
- Gov't releases funds for completion of UG stadium
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus