Former Black Queens captain Florence Okoe officially pass out as a member of the Ghana Police Serviceon Thursday morning.
The midfielder was an influential player for the Black Queens over the decade and enjoyed staggering moments with the National Women Soccer Team.
The ex-Tennis Borussia Berlin star graduated from the Upper East Regional Police Training School in Bolgatanga on Thursday.
Okoe, who also served the nation at the Ghana Immigration Service, revealed that she decided to join the Ghana Police Service after she nearly got the sack from the Immigration Service
She said her participication in the Fifa World Cup in Germany without the concern of the authorities of the Immigration Service nearly got her out of the Immigration Service so she quickly decided to join the Police.
The 28-year-old, who had a short spell in Germany during her professional career,however said she is excited after successfully passing out from the Ghana Police Service.
Okoe played in the 2003,2007and 20011 Fifa Women's World Cup tournaments for Ghana.She becomes the second player to pass out from the police service in less than six months after Sani Mohammed passed out in June.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Arsenal's Mkhitaryan to miss Europa League final due to security concerns
- André Ayew set to be named new Ghana captain
- Kwesi Appiah forced Gyan to retire - Asamoah’s Aide
- Highlights: Asamoah Gyan, 16 years a Black Star [Video + infographic]
- Manner of Gyan's retirement reveals true, fractured state of Black Stars
- Asamoah Gyan retires from Black Stars
- Ghana can end AFCON drought with TB Joshua's help - Richard Kingson
- Why African players are dominating European leagues
- Bolivian referee dies after collapsing during match
- Kofi Addo-Agyekum grateful to SWAG
- 'Quality not enough' to win Afcon - Thomas Partey
- Guardiola: 'Incredible' treble not enough for Man City without Champions League
- Real Madrid midfielder Kroos extends contract until 2023
- NC Special Cup: Yacouba returns to inspire Kotoko to victory, Hearts confirm top spot in Premier B
- Nadal defeats Djokovic in Italian Open final to win first title of year