Former Black Queens captain Florence Okoe officially pass out as a member of the Ghana Police Serviceon Thursday morning.
The midfielder was an influential player for the Black Queens over the decade and enjoyed staggering moments with the National Women Soccer Team.
The ex-Tennis Borussia Berlin star graduated from the Upper East Regional Police Training School in Bolgatanga on Thursday.
Okoe, who also served the nation at the Ghana Immigration Service, revealed that she decided to join the Ghana Police Service after she nearly got the sack from the Immigration Service
She said her participication in the Fifa World Cup in Germany without the concern of the authorities of the Immigration Service nearly got her out of the Immigration Service so she quickly decided to join the Police.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
The 28-year-old, who had a short spell in Germany during her professional career,however said she is excited after successfully passing out from the Ghana Police Service.
Okoe played in the 2003,2007and 20011 Fifa Women's World Cup tournaments for Ghana.She becomes the second player to pass out from the police service in less than six months after Sani Mohammed passed out in June.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- CAF CC: StarTimes to broadcast Kotoko's first leg clash with Kariabangi
- Moura’s late goal in Barcelona takes Tottenham through to last 16
- Salah goal sends Liverpool into Champions League last 16
- StanChart launches “Stand Red Campaign”
- Yaya Toure leaves Olympiakos after three months
- Injured Man City midfielder Silva out for 'a few weeks'
- 'I've always liked Real Madrid!' - Hazard hints at Chelsea exit
- T.I AMASS win Ashanti Regional Inter-Schools Soccer championship
- Chelsea fans banned for alleged abuse of Man City forward Sterling
- Isaac Dogboe: Of poor preparation, a battering and lame excuses
- Evans Aryee 'dethrone' Dimpson Doodo of number one squash spot
- Akufo-Addo commissions Lord’s Wembley Plus mini stadium
- Ronaldo challenges Messi to join him in Italy
- Sterling negative press coverage 'emboldens racist rhetoric' - PFA
- Wembley Sports to partner government to construct 100 parks