Former Black Queens captain Florence Okoe officially pass out as a member of the Ghana Police Serviceon Thursday morning.
The midfielder was an influential player for the Black Queens over the decade and enjoyed staggering moments with the National Women Soccer Team.
The ex-Tennis Borussia Berlin star graduated from the Upper East Regional Police Training School in Bolgatanga on Thursday.
Okoe, who also served the nation at the Ghana Immigration Service, revealed that she decided to join the Ghana Police Service after she nearly got the sack from the Immigration Service
She said her participication in the Fifa World Cup in Germany without the concern of the authorities of the Immigration Service nearly got her out of the Immigration Service so she quickly decided to join the Police.
The 28-year-old, who had a short spell in Germany during her professional career,however said she is excited after successfully passing out from the Ghana Police Service.
Okoe played in the 2003,2007and 20011 Fifa Women's World Cup tournaments for Ghana.She becomes the second player to pass out from the police service in less than six months after Sani Mohammed passed out in June.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- #JoyFPL: How to prepare for the upcoming blank gameweeks
- Europa League draw: Arsenal face Rennes and Chelsea play Dynamo Kiev
- Chelsea 'categorically refute' FIFA findings, confirms intention to appeal ban
- Chelsea banned from signing new players for next two transfer windows
- Christian Atsu: ‘Sometimes what’s happened to me seems like a miracle’
- Arsenal, Chelsea march into Europa League last 16
- Ghana's Ambassador designate to Belgium donates to Accra Lawn Tennis Club
- CAF Confederation Cup: Race for knockout stage heats up
- Lassana Diarra's PSG contract terminated
- Gov't releases funds for completion of UG stadium
- After Champions League loss to Atletico Madrid, Juventus is on the brink
- Ronaldo: I've won five Champions Leagues, Atletico have zero
- 'Cojones' celebration came from the heart - Simeone
- Manchester City 'still not ready to fight for the latter stages' - Manager Guardiola
- Atletico overcome VAR setbacks to beat Juventus