Hajia Hamdatu Ibrahim has been installed the acting Convention People’s Party (CPP) Chairperson after the resignation of Professor Edmund Delle, the former chairman.
This was contained in a release signed by the Acting General Secretary of the party, Mr James Kwabena Bomfeh Jnr.
The statement said her appointment was made by the Central Committee of the Convention People’s Party, upon unanimous acceptance of the resignation of Prof. Edmund Delle as the chairman and leader.
Hajia Ibrahim until her investiture as chairperson and leader of the CPP was the elected First Vice Chairperson of the party; and thus, automatically became the candidate to step into the vacancy created by the resignation of Prof Delle.
Stating the reason for Prof. Delle’s resignation, the statement indicated that he resigned from the chairmanship of the CPP following‘the ancestral call to lead his people as the Paramount Chief of the Nandom Traditional Area’.
As a result, the leadership of the party found it appropriate to appoint an acting chairperson in his stead, who would coordinate the activities of the party moving forward.
The party, therefore, congratulated Prof.Delle on his enskinment as Naa Prof. Edmund N. Delle Chiir VIII and wished him the best in his new leadership role, adding that, he would excel as the leader of his people and impact positively on Ghana as a whole.
Have your say
More Politics Headlines
- Commonwealth honours High Commissioner for Dev't achievements across Africa
- Govt can’t sack CEOs – Supreme Court declares
- Minority Leader urges EC to publish registered voters daily
- Despite Group affiliate apologises to Ibrahim Mahama
- EPA works to promote inter-institutional coordination
- Volta NDC women, MTN celebrate Rawling's 72nd birthday
- Female representation in Parliament still low – Majority Leader laments
- Video: Africa's problem is leadership - John Maxwell speaks on Joy FM
- Suit challenging legality of Ayawaso West Wuogon by-election dismissed
- District Assembly rejects 2018 League Table after scoring zero
- President peddled false energy debt figures in Canada - Minority
- Female MPs must go unchallenged in NDC primaries - Minority Leader
- Amidu takes responsibility for defects in Ayariga's charge sheet
- Ofosu-Ampofo is being investigated for kidnapping of Indian - NDC
- No sacking over poor performance on District League Table – Minister assures