A 23-year-old man who is accused of defiling a 12-year-old girl in a bathhouse at Ashongman Estates has appeared before an Accra Circuit Court.
Christian Fianyo, self-employed, charged with defilement pleaded guilty.
The court presided over by Mrs Ruby Naa Adjeley Quaison convicted Fianyo on his own plea but deferred sentence to January 17.
Prosecuting, Sergeant Opoku Aniagyei, who held the brief of Chief Inspector Kofi Atimbire said the complainant is a building contractor residing at Ashongman Estates and father of the victim.
He said Fianyo also resides at Ashongman where he operates a drinking spot near a bakery where the victim and her sister are normally sent to buy bread.
The prosecution said on November 5, last year, at about 7:00 pm the victim was sent to purchase bread but since the baking was not complete the victim decided to wait at the accused person’s drinking spot.
The prosecution said Fianyo then bought some oranges for the victim and lured her to a bathhouse and instructed the victim to bend down and had sexual intercourse with her.
He said the victim complained to her father and a report was made to the police where the complainant was issued with a medical report form to send the victim to the hospital for examination.
The prosecution said Fianyo was later arrested.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Dep Education minister meets cerebral palsy student who sat BECE
- NSMQ2019: As prelims begin, here are each region's best qualifying foot
- Regulating churches will create confusion - Bishop Agyinasare
- Gov't releases new Tertiary Education Policy reforms
- 2019 NSMQ: Contest begins today as 108 schools battle for coveted trophy
- From the newsstands: Monday, June 17 2019
- Man sees 'Avengers: Endgame' 114 times, aims for 200
- Police arrest man who stabbed wife multiple times over money to pay sex worker
- The holiday destination no one has heard of
- Assistant U.S. Secretary of State for Consular Affairs visits Ghana
- 7 die in gory accident as vehicle plunges into valley
- Bright Minds Foundation to provide housing, financial support to defiled 13-yr-old
- Video: Customers storm Zoe Outreach Embassy to demand locked-up investment
- Ace Ankomah finds a cause to rant in Takoradi
- SSNIT wants contribution rate reviewed