Eight people are dead and at least five are injured after a sprinter bus and Diesel truck collided into each other head on in Boankra Friday morning.
According to Joy News’ Ohemeng Tawiah, both the driver and a man in the passenger seat of the sprinter bus are among the eight dead.
In an attempt to avoid the accident, the truck driver swerved into a home nearby shortly after the collision. All occupants escaped the home uninjured.
The injured have been transported to the Accident and Emergency Unit at the Ejisu Government Hospital while others are at Konongo Hospital. They are believed to be in stable condition.
The bodies of the deceased are currently at a morgue inside the Juaben Government Hospital.
Some of the dead and injured have yet to be identified.
This story is developing. More soon.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years
- 5 reasons tourists won’t want to skip a trip to Ghana in 2019
- World's 'loneliest' frog gets a date
- EOCO freezes NAM1’s accounts
- A true African patriot is free - Rawlings lauds Gbagbo victory at ICC
- NAM1 extradition close to impossible - Lawyer
- GES clarifies academic calendar
- Police officer, 2 others busted for robbery
- A year of God’s promotion: GETHIM marks 16th anniversary
- Auction of Menzgold properties suspended
- I am going to deal with structural racism within the WUDC – President
- Ghanaian arrested for alleged murder in the U.S.