Old Mutual has provided Uber drivers and riders an Injury Protection.
Per the agreement, all Uber driver-partners will benefit from this cover the moment they accept a trip, driving to pick up a rider, to the end of the trip.
Riders will also be covered from the time their ride begins until the trip ends.
The packages include:
Medical Cover: If an accident happens On-Trip, this cover reimburses drivers and riders for necessary medical treatment costs up to GH¢12,500. In addition, this cover reimburses ambulance service costs.
Death and Funeral Payments: In the unfortunate event that a driver-partner or rider dies as a result of an accident On-Trip, their dependents or heirs will benefit from a lump sum payment of GH¢50,000. They will also obtain an amount of GH¢5,000 for funeral expenses.
Permanent Disability Payments: In the unfortunate event that a user suffers permanent disability as a result of an accident On-Trip, they will benefit from a lump sum payment up to GH¢50,000. The amount depends on the severity of the disability.
Daily Payment Benefit for Drivers (injury): If a driver is hospitalized for more than 48 hours as a result of an accident that happened On-Trip and are thereafter unable to drive because of those injuries, they will receive a daily payment of GH¢50 for up to 30 days whilst they are medically certified by a doctor as unfit to work.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Don’t misinterpret Quran to beat your wives - Islamic scholar advises
- 'You will be prosecuted': Accra mayor talks tough on sanitation crimes
- Armed Forces get 140 vehicles, 48 more coming
- Revealed: ¢200m locked up in Menzgold
- New Makola Market on fire
- NAGRAT was consulted on new education curricula – Education Ministry fights back
- Law to disband militias still needed despite Akufo-Addo’s plea – CDD
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, February 22, 2019
- Ghanaian language proficiency may soon become requirement for tertiary education
- Woman wants leather handbag made out of the skin on her amputated leg
- World Bank supports Ghana tourism with $40m grant
- Menzgold saga: Aggrieved customers disappointed in Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s directive on party militia commendable – NCCE
- New education curricula didn’t have our input - NAGRAT
- UN appoints Ghana's Martha Pobee to review Financing for Dev't