The 2019 Joy FM Easter Soup Kitchen saw thousands of less-privileged persons trooping to the Efua Sutherland Children’s Park on Sunday.
Participants, mostly women and children from all parts of Accra, flooded the event centre ready to eat, drink, dance and go on a shopping spree.
The heartwarming event also saw the participants take part in many activities like health screening, counselling, among others.
The health screening was coordinated and executed by personnel from Millennium Promise, Pharmaceutical Society of Ghana, Call Angels Ambulance and Crystal Hospital.
Women and children were screened for diabetes, high blood pressure and many others.
Where necessary, they were given medications according to their health issues.
Women and children were screened for various health issues. Some complained of constant headaches and body aches.
Some benefactors gave out hoards of clothing to women, men and children of all ages.
Participants were made to look through the hoards of clothes to make suitable choices.
Staff of Multimedia Group, donors and other volunteers served the over thousand participants food, bottled water and soft drinks.
Patrons also received bags filled with goodies from Cowbell and Cadbury Richoco.
Apart from food, drinks, clothes and the health check, these participants enjoyed great music and danced to their satisfaction.
When Joy FM announced plans to hold the annual Easter Soup Kitchen, many expressed commitment to support the event and they subsequently came through with various donations.
These good donations made the 2019 Easter Soup Kitchen a great success – warming the hearts of the needy and less privileged.
See more photos below:
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched
- Photos: Methodist Girls' SHS wins 2019 World ROBOFEST competition
- That's My Opinion: If it's good in America then it's good in Ghana?
- Photos: Ayariga fears for his cars after 45-mins rain
- Man chooses jail over going home to wife
- Church terror scare: Sunday school children are easy targets - Police
- Adopt positive attitude towards Ghana's dev't - Papa Owusu-Ankomah
- Two staff at Office of Special Prosecutor allegedly steal fuel
- Thousands of Burkinabes flee to Ghana over unrest
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, May 20, 2019
- Private BECE results released
- World beard and mustache competition begins in Belgium
- UG begins Bachelor of Education programme
- Four Africa city destinations you should visit right now