Renowned advertising agency, Now Available Africa has released a cover of the viral Sarkodie ‘Advice’ track in celebration of its feat chalked at the 2018 Gong Gong advertising awards.
At the industry’s flagship event for recognizing and celebrating innovation, effectiveness and creativity in the advertising industry, Now Available Africa stole the night with four silvers, three golds and the enviable Platinum Gong for Digital.
In typical creative style the agency chose an unconventional route to celebrate their wins with a compelling cover of Sarkodie’s hit track. In addition to showcasing their awards on the track, Now Available Africa wittingly hit at other advertising agencies and ‘Adviced’ businesses interested in sending their work to the next level to get in touch. Through this campaign, Now Available leveraged on a popular development in the music and entertainment space and made it relevant to advertising and the business communities.
“We were determined not to replicate the monotonous predictable manner in which companies celebrate award winnings in Ghana. As a leading advertising agency we felt a greater sense of responsibility in demonstrating how creativity can be employed in any given situation” Benjamin Anyan, Creative Director at Now Available revealed.
“So we got together and did everything. ‘Advice’ was the winning idea because it was different, exciting and seemed likely to get us in ‘good trouble” he added.
The music track and its accompanying artwork have sparked buzz and excitement in an industry that is usually quiet and void of creative feudal displays with several other advertising agencies promising to respond in the coming days.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- 59 foreign nationals arrested for illegal mining in Western Region
- 'Chereponi conflict is escalating' -- Security analysts call for firm action
- Transitions Funeral Services upgrades skills of staff
- Overdue library book returned after 53 years
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- 3 young Ghanaians launch project to bridge ICT gap for rural children
- St. Roses crashed in NSMQ regional contest
- Chereponi humanitarian crisis worsens as displaced residents hits 1,800
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo heads to L.A Times as 2019 Press Partners Fellowship winner
- Twene Amanfo SHTS left in tears as NSMQ doors close for 'Brong Ahafo'
- UG Fellow involved in Ethiopian Air crash remembered
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+
- E-justice system to improve court integrity, save time, money - Judge