Embattled gold dealership firm, Menzgold Ghana Limited, has asked its staff to proceed on leave effective Monday, December 10.
The company said it arrived at the decision as a result of unceasing threats to its properties as well as staff of the company.
In a statement dated December 4, the gold dealership firm said the staff should return to work on December 20 “when all outstanding entitlements, including end of year packages, shall be fully disbursed”.
“All branch managers are hence transferred temporarily to the head office; Dzorwulu, Accra, effective Monday, December 10, 2018,” the statement said.
It added that all staff should remain calm and be assured that Menzgold shall endeavour to assure their job security.
The statement added that it has been advised by the authorities to halt its online trading [just as the offline one] to enable the authorities to assess the system and present a final say to the public and the company.
CEO of Menzgold, Nana Appiah Mensah
“To this end all the 5% migration fees received shall be reimbursed fully to customers from Monday, December 10 to Friday, December 15, 2018,” the statement added.
According to the statement, the date of their end of year durbar will be communicated to the staff where the Chief Executive, Nana Appiah Mensah, will address the staff.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Special Prosecutor asked to explain fuel theft by staff
- Akufo-Addo must ensure no GMO in Ghana’s Agric agenda – FSG
- Photos: Eugene Arhin supports Muslims at Awutu Bawjiase
- Global Agric firm calls for increased investments in research
- Radio Gold, XYZ staff and others hit Accra streets over closure of radio stations
- Kumasi: Heavy downpour revives fear for lives, properties
- Photos/Video: Floods wreak havoc in Accra
- Peace Council urge gov't to extend training on terrorism to citizens
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, May 21, 2019
- Threat of terror: ‘Be vigilant of suspicious behaviours’ - GPCC
- This woman claims she can’t find a job because of her good looks
- The ‘sacred forests’ of northern Ethiopia
- We're confident missing Taadi girls will be found - Ghana Gas to families
- Police retrieve Stonebwoy’s pistol
- 6th National Policy Summit launched