An Ethiopian Cargo plane from Lome is said to have crash-landed at the Kotoka International Airport.
The plane in the process of landing skidded off the runaway around 11:00 am Joy Business' George Wiafe reported.
Three crew members on board the air craft have been injured and taken to hospital. It is not clear yet the severity of the injuries.
It is unclear what may have caused the accident even though airport officials suspect bad weather.
Officials of fire service, police and other security agencies have arrived at the scene of the accident and have begun investigations to ascertain the cause of the accident.
The incident has left a number of passengers at the airport traumatised.
This is not the first time a plane has skidded off the runway at the KIA.
In 2012, a Nigerian Cargo plane skidded off the tarmac and run into a passenger vehicle killing about ten passengers.
Full statement by the Ghana Airports Company Limited
Have your say
More News Headlines
- NAM 1 extradition should be easy – Antwi-Danso refutes contrary views
- Fire, explosions hit Michel Camp armoury
- Director of Education bemoans poor teacher competency in literacy, numeracy
- “Yellowman of Aleppo” has been wearing only yellow for 35 years
- 5 reasons tourists won’t want to skip a trip to Ghana in 2019
- World's 'loneliest' frog gets a date
- EOCO freezes NAM1’s accounts
- A true African patriot is free - Rawlings lauds Gbagbo victory at ICC
- NAM1 extradition close to impossible - Lawyer
- GES clarifies academic calendar
- Police officer, 2 others busted for robbery
- A year of God’s promotion: GETHIM marks 16th anniversary
- Auction of Menzgold properties suspended
- I am going to deal with structural racism within the WUDC – President
- Ghanaian arrested for alleged murder in the U.S.