An Ethiopian Cargo plane from Lome is said to have crash-landed at the Kotoka International Airport.
The plane in the process of landing skidded off the runaway around 11:00 am Joy Business' George Wiafe reported.
Three crew members on board the air craft have been injured and taken to hospital. It is not clear yet the severity of the injuries.
It is unclear what may have caused the accident even though airport officials suspect bad weather.
Officials of fire service, police and other security agencies have arrived at the scene of the accident and have begun investigations to ascertain the cause of the accident.
The incident has left a number of passengers at the airport traumatised.
This is not the first time a plane has skidded off the runway at the KIA.
In 2012, a Nigerian Cargo plane skidded off the tarmac and run into a passenger vehicle killing about ten passengers.
Full statement by the Ghana Airports Company Limited
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Building under construction caves in; one feared trapped in rubble
- Debate about National Cathedral makes me 'extremely nervous' – Ofori-Atta
- UCC Medical School beats UG, KNUST to win inter-medical school competition
- 2019 budget: Glad tidings of great joy only on paper?
- Video: I was thrown out like piece of cargo - Adoboli breaks down in tears
- Gov't urged to re-introduce Plant Breeders’ Bill to parliament
- Rebecca Foundation welcomes home first batch of exchange students
- Haatso residents fight GOIL over siting of fuel station
- Discharged Andah recounts multiple portions of blessings
- Scientists caution over calls for labelling of GMOs
- FIDO trains Kaneshie market women in Financial & Digital Literacy
- Women scientists must go into politics —Former Presidential Advisor
- Unity Air gets operation certificate
- MTN Ghana holds Customer Outreach Day
- UEW rolls out year-long programme to celebrate 25 years