An Ethiopian Cargo plane from Lome is said to have crash-landed at the Kotoka International Airport.
The plane in the process of landing skidded off the runaway around 11:00 am Joy Business' George Wiafe reported.
Three crew members on board the air craft have been injured and taken to hospital. It is not clear yet the severity of the injuries.
It is unclear what may have caused the accident even though airport officials suspect bad weather.
Officials of fire service, police and other security agencies have arrived at the scene of the accident and have begun investigations to ascertain the cause of the accident.
The incident has left a number of passengers at the airport traumatised.
This is not the first time a plane has skidded off the runway at the KIA.
In 2012, a Nigerian Cargo plane skidded off the tarmac and run into a passenger vehicle killing about ten passengers.
Full statement by the Ghana Airports Company Limited
Have your say
More News Headlines
- From the newsstands: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- 59 foreign nationals arrested for illegal mining in Western Region
- 'Chereponi conflict is escalating' -- Security analysts call for firm action
- Transitions Funeral Services upgrades skills of staff
- Overdue library book returned after 53 years
- World's most expensive cities revealed
- 3 young Ghanaians launch project to bridge ICT gap for rural children
- St. Roses crashed in NSMQ regional contest
- Chereponi humanitarian crisis worsens as displaced residents hits 1,800
- JoyNews’ Justice Baidoo heads to L.A Times as 2019 Press Partners Fellowship winner
- Twene Amanfo SHTS left in tears as NSMQ doors close for 'Brong Ahafo'
- UG Fellow involved in Ethiopian Air crash remembered
- CIPS lauds creation of Ethics and Standards Committee
- Pope John, others sail through in NSMQ qualifiers
- University Prof tasks students to get 1,667 friends on social media for A+