A Group calling itself Citizens Awake Forum says it will stage a naked demonstration over what they say is the spate of corruption in the country and the recent utility tariff hikes.
The group says it can no longer take what they describe as apathy towards corruption by the country’s leadership.
The demonstration is expected to draw about 10,000 people from all 10 regions of the nation, Ernest Kojo Smith, leader of the group told Joy News.
He accused government of not solving the hardships that citizens are currently facing, as the group has done all in its power for government to see through with the concerns raised by labour unions.
"We have already made a lot of noise but it looks as if the government is not listening to us and the only tool that the government understands is demonstration", he stressed, adding; "there is nothing wrong demonstrating naked".
He swore on the yet to be decided date for the demonstration, there will be both men and women on the streets naked.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Video: Don’t misinterpret Quran to beat your wives - Islamic scholar advises
- 'You will be prosecuted': Accra mayor talks tough on sanitation crimes
- Armed Forces get 140 vehicles, 48 more coming
- Revealed: ¢200m locked up in Menzgold
- New Makola Market on fire
- NAGRAT was consulted on new education curricula – Education Ministry fights back
- Law to disband militias still needed despite Akufo-Addo’s plea – CDD
- Newspaper headlines: Friday, February 22, 2019
- Ghanaian language proficiency may soon become requirement for tertiary education
- Woman wants leather handbag made out of the skin on her amputated leg
- World Bank supports Ghana tourism with $40m grant
- Menzgold saga: Aggrieved customers disappointed in Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s directive on party militia commendable – NCCE
- New education curricula didn’t have our input - NAGRAT
- UN appoints Ghana's Martha Pobee to review Financing for Dev't