A Group calling itself Citizens Awake Forum says it will stage a naked demonstration over what they say is the spate of corruption in the country and the recent utility tariff hikes.
The group says it can no longer take what they describe as apathy towards corruption by the country’s leadership.
The demonstration is expected to draw about 10,000 people from all 10 regions of the nation, Ernest Kojo Smith, leader of the group told Joy News.
He accused government of not solving the hardships that citizens are currently facing, as the group has done all in its power for government to see through with the concerns raised by labour unions.
"We have already made a lot of noise but it looks as if the government is not listening to us and the only tool that the government understands is demonstration", he stressed, adding; "there is nothing wrong demonstrating naked".
He swore on the yet to be decided date for the demonstration, there will be both men and women on the streets naked.
More News Headlines
- ‘We won’t take it!’ - Widespread teacher anger over ¢50 allowance
- 3 houses burnt down in renewed clashes in Savannah Region
- Video: Cronyism, exceptionalism killing local financial institutions - Wereko-Brobby
- New monitoring, evaluation system rolled out for malaria control programme
- Communication Ministry responds to Myjoyonline report on 2017 expenses
- 2 'PDS' imposters arrested for forcefully disconnecting supply
- Journalists schooled on reporting on sensitive issues
- Ghana Grand conquers most difficult terrain
- Personality Profile: Prophet Kofi Oduro takes his turn
- Group calls for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
- We don’t oppose good education policies- Oppong Nkrumah
- Those who lost bank jobs have found new work- Deputy Employment Minister
- UNDP to use TICAD7 to advance sustainable development in Africa
- Former GJA president lauds Herbert Mensah, others for supporting journalism dev’t
- Hotel room rates in Accra ranked 2nd in Africa after Addis Ababa