It is perhaps a student’s best companion. Gar shit – a meal prepared with gari and hot pepper sauce better known as 'shito' – for students in boarding house is a saviour.
All you need is gari (dried cassava dough), shito, salt, any vegetable of your choice and onions if you so wish.
If you’ve been a student in any senior high school in Ghana, you know that this meal does not only taste great but fills you up for hours – sometimes all day.
It is really satisfying. Try it this weekend and thank me later.
View this post on Instagram
GARSHIT The combination of Gari and shito... GARSHIT !the ole Gee back in high school 😅 but as usual we cranked it up a little bit....juust a little! Rep your secondary school in the comments and tag your friends if you can relate Don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and our website www.telandeworld.com for more deliciousness ........ ........ ....... . #Telande #telandevideos #garshit #Telandeexperience #gari #eastafricanfood #chickenfriedrice #Africa #africancusine #tasty #africanfood #africanfoodblogger #ghanaianfood #Westafrica #shito #african #nigerianfood #africanfood #westafricanfood #africanrecipes #food #foodie #savory
Video courtesy: Telande World
More Lifestyle Headlines
- Photos: Cosmopolitan Mix' 30-day weight loss challenge: Work-out session gets off to flying start
- Government to upgrade Binaba Health Centre to PolyClinic
- Zoomlion, Health Ministry to deploy technology to map mosquito breeding sites
- 2019 NSMQ finalists take healthcare cover at Medifem
- Patients to pay more as GMA increases cost of medical services
- Fashion Friday: 22 countries, 44 designers make history at 2019 MB Global Fashion Week
- UCC medical school holds 10th white coat ceremony
- Fashion Friday: African-made luxury fashion is making a comeback
- Denied access to baby, ordeal of '63-yr-old' in mental home retold
- Cheating and manipulation: Confessions of a gaslighter
- Young people reporting Parkinson’s disease, health expert disturbed
- Community support for psychiatric patients adequate - Mental health Specialist
- Gov't settles trainee nurses' allowance for 2018/19 academic year
- GHS launches mobile app to strengthen disease surveillance
- When you're in a relationship and crushing on someone else; here’s how to deal with it