Ghanaian dancehall artiste, Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr popularly known as Shatta Wale has been nominated for two international awards.
The artiste, who won Artiste of the Year at this year’s Ghana Music Awards, has been nominated for the 2014 International Reggae and World Music Awards (IRAWMA) and the 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
The ‘Dancehall King’ singer, who is currently at the peak of his music game will face stiff competition from artistes from across the world for the two nominations - Best New Entertainer, and African Artiste of the Year.
For the Best New Entertainer, Shatta Wale will face Daniel Bambatta Marley (Jamaica), MC Norman (Uganda), Alkaline (Jamaica), DABO (Tanzania), and Kranium (Jamaica).
Also known for the hit song, Enter the Net, the Ghanaian dancehall act will battle Ghanaian musicians, Sarkodie, and R2Bees; South Africans, Uhuru, Mafikizolo, and Mi Casa; and Congolese singer Fally Ipupa for the African Artiste of the Year at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Nana Asiama Hanson (Bulldog), manager of Shatta Wale told Myjoyonline.com in an interview that his artiste is humbled by the nominations.
“International recognition is great. For us to work hard and be recognised internationally is great. We are humbled and proud of our fans. They got us this far and we thank Jah too,” he said.
The 2014 International Reggae and World Music Awards (IRAWMA) will come on at the Coral Springs Centre for the Arts, South Florida on Saturday, October 4, 2014.
The 2014 Nigeria Entertainment Awards, the 9th edition, on the otherhand will come on at the Skirball Performing Arts Center in New York on August 31, 2014.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Okomfo Kwadee says he doesn’t think he can ever quit smoking
- Reekado Banks still part of Mavin Records – Don Jazzy
- Davido risks jail term over threat to blogger’s life
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22